Sponsored Link

Friday, March 12, 2010

Resolved Question: Can you check my grammar on these travel phrases?

I am going on my honeymoon in a few weeks, and I thought I'd put together a list of phrases to help out while I'm gone. I'm going to France, Switzerland and Germany.

I have used Google Translate to produce these, and I'm sure the grammar is lacking, or at least that there might be a better/more polite way to say these. As well, if you have any suggestions for other phrases I will find helpful, that would be great!

If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

I speak very little French/German.
Je parle très peu le français.
Ich spreche sehr wenig Deutsch.

Could you repeat that?
Pourriez-vous répéter?
Könnten sie das wiederholen?

Can I take your picture?
Puis-je prendre votre photo?
Kann ich ein foto von ihnen machen?

Can we use the bathroom here?
Peut-on utiliser la salle de bain ici?
Können wir den Waschraum hier?

Where is the nearest train station?
Où est la gare la plus proche?
Wo ist der nächste Bahnhof?

Can you recommend a good restaurant?
Können sie ein gutes restaurant empfehlen?
Pouvez-vous recommander un bon restaurant?

A table for two, please.
Une table pour deux, s'il vous plaît.
Ein tisch für zwei, bitte.

Where is the exit?
Où est la sortie?
Wo ist der Ausgang?

Can we take a few pamphlets?
Pouvons-nous prendre quelques brochures?
Können wir ein paar broschüren?

Here is my passport.
Voici mon passeport.
Hier ist mein reisepass.

This is my bag.
Ceci est mon sac.
Das ist meine tasche.

We are on our honeymoon.
Nous sommes sur notre lune de miel.
Wir befinden uns auf unserer hochzeitsreise.

We have a reservation.
Nous avons une réservation.
Wir haben eine reservierung.

Can I access the internet?
Puis-je accéder à internet?
Kann ich auf das internet zugreifen?

No comments: